One of the most important tasks of every marketer is to effectively and efficiently spend a business’s valuable time, money and resources to generate quality leads. Campaigns are strategically mapped out and content is created in an effort for said acquired leads to turn into active, paying customers.
Weather your buying data or live leads themselves, the key to success for any business is to retain and maintain a steady stream of satisfied clients. But how does one produce a fail proof lead generating system in the first place? One that will put you on the map as a top marketer and deem your business as successful, thriving and even surpassing its goals for the fiscal year?
For starters, it should be noted that some of the top companies, with regards to their sales volume, consistently accomplish this by employing a variety of marketing tactics. As opposed to lower producing companies who may utilize very few marketing mechanisms, the fine-tuned lead generating machines are the following:
1. Information Catchers: Your money was well spent and your prospective client has now landed on your website. Simply speaking, there are two primary ways that marketers will now capture this lead’s information, should they be properly converted thanks to effective and relevant web content that matches what they are actively looking for.
The first method is through a form on a business’s website. One that is short, to the point, with minimal clicks and a catchy call to action will have the highest success rate of actually being filled out. Once the form is completed and submitted, within moments you will electronically receive all of the information they provided through email or posted to your CRM, and it is of utmost importance for your sales staff to then contact them as swiftly as possible.
Should your web visitor choose to forgo your web form, they will also have the option to dial you directly or utilize your Click to Call button or call the phone number listed, which will inevitably help your business generate more phone calls from your website. You can also integrate your phone number as part of a branded welcome message that can be displayed on every page on your site.
2. Awareness Seekers: Thanks to the world wide web, there are a multitude of ways for your business to be found. After all, today’s consumers are eager and willing to begin their purchase process quickly through social networks, search engines and other internet based venues. An astute marketer will begin the awareness and investigation process by "trapping" their prospective buyer’s information. They will track their digital footprint, they will analyze it, and they will ultimately match their needs with searchable content that will initiate a productive dialogue.
It is of utmost importance for a marketer to pique the interest of their target audience in these early stages, and they can accomplish this by:
-Having a complete understanding of who their target customer truly is and what they are searching for.
-Offering online content that specifically highlights their prospective clients’ needs, interests, and concerns.
-Utilizing pay-per-click advertising (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO) in order for ones’ online content to be found in a "needs" meets "match" interaction.
-Building links, creating webinars and guest blogging on complementary websites. After all, if your target prospects are on those other websites, then your company should also make their acquaintance there.
3. Socializing Pros: This applies to both online and in-person interactions with your prospective audience. To give your business the finest opportunity for the world to get to know it, you have to let yourself be known in as large of a capacity as possible. Some of the most effective ways to generate quality leads are via trade shows, networking events and radio and television appearances. Depending on the type, size and location of your company, studies have shown that in-person events dominate virtual events in terms of ROI and overall effectiveness.
4. Nurturing the Leads Acquired: Once you have captured a lead and thereby seized your target prospect’s attention, the next and almost final vital step is to nurture the relationship with them. Direct and active engagement is key with both cool and hot leads, and this can be accomplished via in-person or web-based events, through targeted emails, phone calls and/or social media communications. As a result, your marketing efforts will provide relevant information that effectively aligns with your lead’s requirements and interests, thereby increasing the likelihood that you will convert them into a paying client.
5. Customer Retainers: So, you’ve captured your lead’s interest, while beating out your competitors and earning their business. The steps taken to actively engage and retain your client proved to be effectual, however a top marketer doesn’t just stop there. To continue your efficient lead generation efforts, while also retaining your valuable consumer database, one must continue to actively market their products and services, most notably to their existing customers. Why? Because it is far less expensive to maintain a client than to find a new one.
The Bottom Line is that by utilizing an optimized variety of marketing methods and tactics, top businesses will successfully maintain customer loyalty while also upgrading the relationship to the next financial milestone. This may include a new purchase, product or service renewal and referrals to other customers.
To learn more about other effective marketing strategies through lead generation, appending services and co-registration offers, continue onto the new blog featured on our website.